iUniverse
AuthorHouse Self Publishing Boook Company

Friday, February 27, 2009

eBook Readers are Upgrading Faster than I can say Kindle!



And I thought Amazon wasn't even able to keep up with Kindle demand...

Have you seen the new Kindle 2? I've been behind in the book publishing industry a bit given I've been otherwise indisposed with my new job.

I'm very impressed with how thin it is. Other than that I think it's just upgraded everything - longer battery life, expanded national coverage, more books available, improved ergonomics

My question here though, is when will the next one come out? By the time I can afford this one, it might already be outdated

Here are the new Kindle specs

Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines
Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images
Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
Read-to-Me: With the new Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud to you

Large Selection: Over 240,000 books plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs available
Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise

No comments: